Datenschutzrichtlinie für Werbung
Last updated: 24 May 2018
What does Simplaex do?
Simplaex is the company behind the world’s most advanced Artificial Intelligence-powered user classification technology. As ads move through the programmatic supply chain, Simplaex aligns the ROI interests of the demand and supply side by creating a unified insight in understanding and valuation of consumer behavior.
The makes advertising more relevant for consumers and allows publishers to offer content for no or lower costs. The platform was built in Germany with user privacy at the core of its design from day one. Therefore, it complies with European Data Protection Regulations (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR) and applicable national data protection laws.
Simplaex processes your information in order to ensure advertisers can provide you with relevant advertising based on your interests, affinities and local context and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. The aim of this is to effectively reduce the amount of ads you see that aren’t beneficial or of interest to you. An opt-out from targeting would not reduce the amount of ads, it just makes the ads you receive less relevant.
What information do we collect and why?
The information described below is not initially collected by Simplaex but instead is submitted to the Advertising Platform by some of our clients and partners to be available on the Advertising Platform.
Types of information
- Mobile Advertising ID
- Location Data
- Cookie Information
- IP Address
- App usage information (as submitted from Simplaex’ clients, e.g. number & timing of sessions)
- Demographic Data (as submitted from publishers displaying our advertising)
- Audience Segments
Why we use it
Simplaex uses this information for online marketing purposes throughout its Advertising Platform.
In detail, we use the information to
- Predict users’ interests and preferences for interest-based advertising
- Enable advertisers to customize ads to users’ behaviour
- Determine how users respond to certain ads
- Report aggregated statistics regarding, for example, the effectiveness of digital advertising campaigns and
- Provide, operate, manage, maintain, and enhance the Advertising Platform.
Data being submitted to Simplaex from our clients and partners uses pseudonymous identifiers associated with your mobile device rather than names, email addresses or phone numbers. In addition to this, Simplaex utilizes hashing, encryption and de-identification techniques to help ensure your privacy is safeguarded at all times when data is shared with third parties. Simplaex enforces generally accepted industry security standards on the Advertising Platform to protect the information both during transmission and once it is received.
Legal basis for processing (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for collecting and processing the information described above will depend on the information concerned and the specific context in which we collect and process it. We collect and process information from you only where we have your consent (Art. 6 para 1 lit. a) GDPR), where we need the information to provide our contractual obligation to you (Art. 6 para 1 lit. b) GDPR) or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
If you wish to learn more about specific legal ground(s) we rely on to process your information for any particular purpose (including any legitimate interests we have to process information), then please contact us using the details provided below under “Contact Us”. However, by way of example, we rely on our legitimate interests to process information for direct marketing purposes and for fraud prevention and detection, provided these interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (Art. 6 para 1 lit. f) GDPR).
Who do we share your information with?
We disclose your information to the following categories of recipients:
- To our clients and partners to deliver interest-based advertising and other information describing e.g. location context and general statistical information,
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person,
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
How long do we keep your information?
We retain personal information we collect from you as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
In any event, information that is transferred to us by our clients and partners will be deleted after a maximum period of three months or earlier if our clients and partners select to delete and update their data on the Advertising Platform more often.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- In addition, if you are subject to European Data Protection Regulation, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out from our marketing communications at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.) We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Mobile Opt-Out via Device Settings
Data is only processed in order to show you the most relevant advertising content and to provide statistical analytics products and services. If you’re opposed to this, always read the terms and conditions when installing new apps. Many websites and mobile applications provide opt-out options and you have the option to limit ad tracking on your smartphone.
If you wish that your location be private, you can turn the geo-location feature off within the location settings of your device. In addition to this, you can disable ad tracking on your device so that Simplaex will no longer include device information in its audience segments or analytics products and services.
The following instructions explain how to turn off ad tracking for Apple and Android devices:
Choose Settings > General > About > Advertising
Turn on Limit Ad Tracking
iOS 7 or higher:
Choose Settings > Privacy > Advertising
Turn on Limit Ad Tracking
Or view details on Apple’s help pages.
Android 2.3 or higher:
Choose Google Settings > Ads
Check Opt out of interest-based ads
Or view details on Google’s help pages.
Online Cookie Opt-Out
To opt out from targeted ads being served by us or on our behalf please use our cookie opt-out on https://tracker.simplaex.net/v1/opt-out.
Please note that, if you delete your cookies or update your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Furthermore, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt-out on each browser or device.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information or if you have questions about privacy on the Advertising Platform, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data controller of your personal information is:
Phone: +49 (0)30 922512771